Her delivery did not go as planned. I had opted for an all natural birth-no drugs....WTF was I thinking? After about 13 hours, I decided drugs were fine by me. The drugs, however, just made me feel like I was floating on the ceiling writhing in pain. At 19 hours, I gave up the fight with my doctor, who had told me all along a natural birth was unlikely. He walked in the room, asked me if I was ready for my C-section, and off we went to the OR.
I was scared. Scared of the epidural, scared of the whole idea of a C-section, and scared that Brian was going to fall through the drape that separated my upper and lower body. He was on his toes staring over the screen, carefully watching every move the doctor made and reporting back to me.